In June of 1886, two lots were obtained in the village of Ambler at the corner of Race and Ridge. A frame building was constructed and furnished for the cost of $2,600 and was dedicated February 1887. To serve the needs of the growing congregation, the church expanded their location in 1912 with the purchase of a nearby lot at Lindenwold and Park Avenue, and changed the name to Calvary Methodist. The newly erected building was dedicated on May 19, 1913 by Bishop Joseph Berry of Philadelphia under the pastorate of Rev. Arthur James. Like many of the neighboring homes built on Lindenwold Terrace under the direction of Dr. Richard Mattison, co-founder of Ambler Asbestos Manufacturing, the church was designed in the Gothic architectural style and was constructed with local granite. We are currently a small close-knit church with lovely music under the direction of Nathaniel and our Sunday service is bible based under the leadership of Pastor Tim.