“Calvary is one of over 600 churches in the United Methodist Eastern Pennsylvania Conference that have been invited to donate materials for UMCOR health kits which will be assembled at the Annual Conference on June 17.
The health kits provide basic necessities for people who have been forced to leave their homes because of human conflict or natural disaster. Health kits are also used as learning tools in personal hygiene, literacy, nutrition and cooking classes.”
Calvary will be collecting specific items for health kits each Sunday between May 1 and June 12. Monetary donations would also be appreciated so that we can purchase additional supplies to complete the kits. Make your check payable to Calvary UMC with a note that it is for health kits and send it to the church office or give it to either Mark or Eileen.
Look for the Health kit basket in church each Sunday. Here is the schedule for the collection:
- May 1 – One or more adult size toothbrushes (please do not remove the packaging).
- May 8 – One or more hand towel(s). Size of the towel; 15×25 inches to 17×27 inches. Please no kitchen, cleaning or microfiber towels.
- May 15– One or more washcloths.
- May 22– One or more combs. Combs need to be sturdy and longer than 6 inches, no pocket combs or picks please. Rattail combs and combs without handles are acceptable with a minimum of 6 inches of teeth.
- May 29– One or more nail files or nail clippers (no emery boards, please).
- June 5 – One or more bath – size soap bars, 3 oz. or larger. No Ivory or Jergens soap please due to the moisture content. Do not remove the soap from the original packaging.
- June 12– Groupings of six adhesive bandages (3/4 inch to 1 inch sized band aids).
Learn more and see how a health kit is assembled in this video: